Energy Workforce provides the express ultrasonic inspection and mapping of the pitting (Corrosion) in the large metallic plates either flat or curved
The specially designed probe emits the ultrasonic beam having width, duration of the wave package and basic wavelength comparable with the thickness of the plate.
The probe’s dead zone is located under the fillet weld, so the probable echoes from the welding are significantly suppressed. After passing through the fillet weld area the ultrasonic wave package saturates the volume of the plate while propagating.
Pitting and corrosion damage if any returns an echo picked up by the probe.
- Battery operated equipment
- Inspection without removing supports
- Provide plane view of the surface covered by inspection
- Allows localizing defects
- Provide raw data for future analysis
- Annular plates of the storage tank
- Shell and walls of the storage tank
- Floor plates of the storage tank
- Inaccessible pipe walls
- Walls of the underground storage tanks